Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss What Isolation valves are best in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,
Is it ok to use a full bore isolation valve to isolate a hot and cold feed to taps or should I use a service restricted bore. I’m thinking about using a full bore with a handle as my default as I find that most of my customers struggle to muster up a screwdriver to isolate the water when there are problems. As a novice I’d be interested in what you seasoned plumbers think.
Regards Tezzer

Depends if the supply is tank fed or main supply.
-from tank you better use full bore so the flow isn't restricted any further
-main pressure supply is okay with both
You can get cheaper handle operated service valves than that. Make sure it has British or European standard number on it for quality.

Reply to What Isolation valves are best in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The isolation valve connected directly to our toilet fill valve has started to leak (I assume the washer has deteriorated). I'd like to get a...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
Hi, some advice would be great. I have an Instinct Eco-Mag fitted and it has started to leak from the port that the magnetic tube is removed from...
Replies
Views
Hello I have had to adjust a sink hight by several mm. Now my bathroom basin 300mm flexi is a fraction too short. It does up but under tension. Is...
Replies
Views
We just had a waterhole bored and were lucky enough to find a flowing artesian, which delivers just over 500 gallons an hour without needing a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock