Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with Isolator valve in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, some advice would be great. I have an Instinct Eco-Mag fitted and it has started to leak from the port that the magnetic tube is removed from (common issue i believe). I have seen a video on here showing a temporary fix by adding some O-rings. Problem I have is that when the boiler was installed the isolator valve has been installed in such a way that it cant be turned through 90 degrees. Yeah really. The isolator has a small nut on the spindle. My question is can that nut be removed ok in situ. Was hoping that if the handle comes off then i can cut one of the wings off or even better have a screw isolator underneath it.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne

20230125_090056 Edited.jpg
so the actual handle on the isolator can be removed and hopefully modified so that it will turn

Yes the valve handle can be removed safely by just removing the nut. As you suggested I'd remove the top blade completely and trim the lower blade (if required) so it'll clear the filter and you can still get some purchase.

Reply to Problem with Isolator valve in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock