Discuss What is a Plumbers Mate & what do I need to become one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marcelle

Hi I have just started a home study course with Trade Qualified and I really want to find work as a plumbers mate so I can gain as much experience as possible, I'm a bit confused as to what is required of a Plumbers mate do I have to have any experience or qualifications, I f your reading this and you yourself are a professional Plumber what would look for or require from a Plumbers mate, Please get back to me with any valuable information.

Kind Regards

Marcelle James

plumbers mate is somebody that looks after the plumber. tool carrying, cleaning out the blocked drains, making brews, fetching the bacon sandwich, as well as the square bubble for spirit level, doing anyother dirty/nasty job that plumber dosnt want to.
i forgot the hammer and chissel jobs, core drilling - the list is endless.

you learn the names of the tools and youll get fit

And the person who has to stand almost up to the top of their wellingtons in **** in a manhole, weilding a Bailey rod whilst the boss stands a safe distance away giving instructions where he won't get splashed when the blockage frees and all the contents upstream come rushing down!

......and being sent to the plumbers merchants to ask for a long stand.

Last edited:
not even sure these jobs still exist its pretty tough out there

The only company I know where there are plumbers mates is a pipeline company doing large bore work (3" and above) where manual assistance is often required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What is a Plumbers Mate & what do I need to become one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock