Search the forum,

Discuss What is a Plumbers Mate & what do I need to become one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Marcelle

Hi I have just started a home study course with Trade Qualified and I really want to find work as a plumbers mate so I can gain as much experience as possible, I'm a bit confused as to what is required of a Plumbers mate do I have to have any experience or qualifications, I f your reading this and you yourself are a professional Plumber what would look for or require from a Plumbers mate, Please get back to me with any valuable information.

Kind Regards

Marcelle James

plumbers mate is somebody that looks after the plumber. tool carrying, cleaning out the blocked drains, making brews, fetching the bacon sandwich, as well as the square bubble for spirit level, doing anyother dirty/nasty job that plumber dosnt want to.
i forgot the hammer and chissel jobs, core drilling - the list is endless.

you learn the names of the tools and youll get fit

And the person who has to stand almost up to the top of their wellingtons in **** in a manhole, weilding a Bailey rod whilst the boss stands a safe distance away giving instructions where he won't get splashed when the blockage frees and all the contents upstream come rushing down!

......and being sent to the plumbers merchants to ask for a long stand.

Last edited:
not even sure these jobs still exist its pretty tough out there

The only company I know where there are plumbers mates is a pipeline company doing large bore work (3" and above) where manual assistance is often required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What is a Plumbers Mate & what do I need to become one? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock