Discuss What are you doing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

What are you doing most of the time on Sunday when you run a business?

are you also constantly with your mind at work / thinking what to do next week and making material lists ?

Nope Sunday's are a dedicated family day, I don't touch work related stuff unless it's very important and can't wait till 1900, that's when I start to get back into work mode.

Trying to get to golf but the dam phone keeps ringing ggrrrrrrr

My sunday will mainly be writing out a couple of estimates then tidy out the van, take all the rubbish out of my tool bag as its getting stupidly heavy.

Then my son has a football match so watch that then come home crack open a beer and relax ready for this week to start.

I don't like working weekends but at the moment I cant help it as I don't have time the rest of the week. Not that I'm complaining I quite like being busy as I can see the money.

Running a business I find its on your mind 24/7
You can try to get away from it but you'll always have something to do or think about,

I try not to work weekends, but if I haven't got any other plans ill either work or get stuff done, paper work extra

working heat losses out for the next few big jobs

Worked till three. Watched some football. Now doing four bathroom estimates.

Worked until 4, van loaded for tomorrow and just finished returning custs calls form today.

#rollonspring

sunday is for clay pigeons, rest, grandkids, food at right time!!!, night, tv, odd beer. then think about monday, tues, weds,thurs. fri, (sat) well i hope not saturday but sure does happen!!

went to bed with a hirrible cold, might not go to work on Monday!

i spend time with the family,like to get out and stay fit,went on a 8 mile ride through the forests today

fed the ducks in the park or the manor :D

These are the East Wing ducks, obviously. smallduck.jpg

Attachments

• duckio.jpg
    duckio.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 47
Ive just driven back from Diss. Had to move dads outside oil boiler. Utter nightmare, no wonder the installer who was booked changed his mind!

Woke up for a fry up , went to the gym for a lazy swim and chill in sauna , watched footy , had a roast and just chilling now .

Family day for me!

Van is usually cleaned/jobs prepped on a Saturday morning, ready for the next week.

Helping out down local steam museum, or sometimes in Wales driving steam trains, or out with local scout group. Glad to get to work Monday for the rest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What are you doing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock