Discuss wet vac in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Was in wickes other day and bit of spare cash invested in a wet vac and to be honest prob one of the handiest tools i have ever bought !!!
o.k its another bit of kit to carry about but jeez it dont half make life easy stops hell of alot of mess, makes cutting pipes under the floor easy as just suck all the water out of pipes ,,any issues with soldering with water issues again use wet vac etc etc etc ,,,,,anyone who is thinking about investing in one do it !!!!

I use mine all the time and regularly get comments from customers that they are amazed that they have no water on the floor when I'm stripping out bathrooms! Particularly good for emptying cisterns for siphon changes.

Totally agree had few comments from other plumbers that help me out on occasions and saves gettingroller trays out som much more professional imo.

Been thinking about getting one, purchased a handheld wet and dry last year hoping this might do the job but all its good for is sucking up brick dust for five minutes!

Couple of things putting me off, they look big so not sure ive got room in the van and how heavy are they? dont look like they were made for carrying up stairs (lots of em:smile:) or ladders!!

i have sealey 20L , is one of my best tools ! been times where i could not do a job without my wet vac !

its a must and get your self a good one , my mate has a bosch , i used it but is not as good as my 20L one

i will post you a link

no heavier than a bin to be honest and every job i been to of late i have used it and its kept everything bone dry no mess !!!

e.g boiler change today drain offs stuck shut so isolated flow returns on boiler lifted boiler off ,,,got wet vac out turned on opened valve and whammo sucked up circuit into wet vac in 5 mins and not a puddle in sight .

oh dear, never used one..obviously not a professional....damn damn
tho i do have one in my shed so am i forgiven ?? yes yes

I never knew plumbers used wet-vacs till i used this forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to wet vac in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
Evening guys, Just wanted to pick some brains about an issue i'm currently having with a vertical rad on a 1 pipe heating system. Kitchen that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have had this toilet for the past few years but noticing this year, that the water supply pipe is wet to touch and droplets are being...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock