Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet and Water Supply Pipe Sweating? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I have had this toilet for the past few years but noticing this year, that the water supply pipe is wet to touch and droplets are being formed. I initially suspected a leak however the whole base bottom of the cistern appears to be sweating which leads me to think it might be condensation instead of a leak.

Its making quite a mess of the flooring around the toilet - any idea on what could be done to solve. Its a very small WC, with a radiator and no extractor. Will turning the radiator temperature in WC down or off perhaps help?

Attached some pictures of the WC and issue.

Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20230108_204416140.jpg
    PXL_20230108_204416140.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 10
  • PXL_20230108_204256068.jpg
    PXL_20230108_204256068.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 11
  • PXL_20230108_204314648.jpg
    PXL_20230108_204314648.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 11
The opposite!

Condensation forms on cold surfaces, so if you can get the room warmer there will be less of a problem.

If this is a new problem then it could well be caused by a faulty inlet valve. If this does not shut off properly then new, cold, water is constantly being introduced to the cistern - this lowers its temperature and therefore more condensation will form on it.
If it shuts off correctly, then the water in the cistern will gradually warm up to room temperature- and less condensation occurs.

First port of call, check the inlet valve.

If @Ben-gee's suggestion isn't the cause then you need to figure out where the water causing the humidity is coming from. If you don't have a shower or bath in the same room, then a leak or penetrating damp would be next on my list of possibilities.

Reply to Toilet and Water Supply Pipe Sweating? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock