Discuss wet vac in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Was in wickes other day and bit of spare cash invested in a wet vac and to be honest prob one of the handiest tools i have ever bought !!!
o.k its another bit of kit to carry about but jeez it dont half make life easy stops hell of alot of mess, makes cutting pipes under the floor easy as just suck all the water out of pipes ,,any issues with soldering with water issues again use wet vac etc etc etc ,,,,,anyone who is thinking about investing in one do it !!!!

I use mine all the time and regularly get comments from customers that they are amazed that they have no water on the floor when I'm stripping out bathrooms! Particularly good for emptying cisterns for siphon changes.

Totally agree had few comments from other plumbers that help me out on occasions and saves gettingroller trays out som much more professional imo.

Been thinking about getting one, purchased a handheld wet and dry last year hoping this might do the job but all its good for is sucking up brick dust for five minutes!

Couple of things putting me off, they look big so not sure ive got room in the van and how heavy are they? dont look like they were made for carrying up stairs (lots of em:smile:) or ladders!!

i have sealey 20L , is one of my best tools ! been times where i could not do a job without my wet vac !

its a must and get your self a good one , my mate has a bosch , i used it but is not as good as my 20L one

i will post you a link

no heavier than a bin to be honest and every job i been to of late i have used it and its kept everything bone dry no mess !!!

e.g boiler change today drain offs stuck shut so isolated flow returns on boiler lifted boiler off ,,,got wet vac out turned on opened valve and whammo sucked up circuit into wet vac in 5 mins and not a puddle in sight .

oh dear, never used one..obviously not a professional....damn damn
tho i do have one in my shed so am i forgiven ?? yes yes

I never knew plumbers used wet-vacs till i used this forums

Still not convinced its worth splashing out on one, ive managed for years with trays, towels, buckets (and the odd can of carpet moose lol). Wonder if i can convince the wife we need one for the garage....:rolleyes2:

I've got the cheapy Wickes one and I wouldn't be without one now.

To be honest, it's a great tool to have (especially at the Wickes price). Last week I had a pump and pump valve change (dodgy 1/4 turn valves) so a drain and refill. It made working in a tight airing cupboard easy - caught all the stray water without trying to work trays into a nest of piping. Then when I got the inevitable blocked cold feed, I took the pump back out and sucked the blockage back out from the F&E tank.

Then yesterday when I had a whole day stripping out old sealer and re-siliconing 2 wetrooms and a bathroom (7 1/2 hours on my knees - fun day!), in dry mode, it made 'as I worked' clean up easy - just sucked up all the old cack and sealer etc

Thinking of getting a wet vac. Any of you guys got the charles numatic wet vac? Been looking at this for a while now

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Tapatalk 2

I have the cheap wickes one, when it eventually packs up i will get a Charles, have used them in the past and are definitely a better quality product.

I have the same Karcher one, bought it after looking at several threads about wet vacs. I would never be without one again - a life saver

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I never knew they used toilet paper either.

baby wipe person meself,ever since the mop handle incident :shocked:

As said they are a god send,wet vac's are as well.I'm in the wicks wet vac gang :eek:

Puddle mate, what you were doing with a mop handle is too much for my imagination!

Puddle mate, what you were doing with a mop handle is too much for my imagination!

Turned out it was to much for me to ........... :disappointed:

thats me in trouble ,thought we were in the arms !! :shocked3:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Wickes wet vac aswell, brilliant bit of kit makes those tricky jobs with cream carpets a damn site easier!

I also use the Karcher got it from tesco used tesco point so cost me nowt (they were on offer for £59.00) use it most days for cleaning up or sucking water out of rad pipes. Always have it on standby when commissioning a new system even though its been tested :clap: you never know. Also makes changing a toilet siphon childs play

Wickes model is a little noisy , how do other models compare ?

( But essential for occasional use )

Wickes model is a little noisy , how do other models compare ?

( But essential for occasional use )
Every model is noisy I'm afraid. What I like most about my Karcher is I can plug in another power tool to its inbuilt spare socket designed for this and use the hose attachment to attach to the power tool and suck up any dust. Especially useful for my table saw and jig saw.

I've a wet vac (and sung it's praises on many threads ... especially on Sundays [cough])

Must admit I do feel like a pansy plumber sometimes but by gum it makes jobs easier and it works well with water in carpets on those odd occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to wet vac in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock