Discuss water softener to dishwasher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

projectile

Hi

Wanted to know if it is advisable to plumb the water softner to the dishwasher. I understand most dishwashers have their own water softener, so plumbing the water softner is not recommended,
pls advise

Hi
Most dishwashers don't have their own softner, you have to buy salt which goes in one of the compartments. You can buy a resin based water softner which will soften all your house hold water, you'll need the tap at kitchen to be direct from the mains for drinking,(although some will say this is not needed, depends on parts per millon of sodium etc).
For more advise, type in water softner into a search engine, also look up water reg's. Hope this helps a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water softener to dishwasher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping...
Replies
Views
Hi all We noticed water suddenly backing up through the pipe for the dishwasher drainage pipe yesterday - first time this has happened. When I...
Replies
Views
Good morning I installed a Harvey’s water softener recently. Have a semi detached property with 3 showers and a 2 toilets with a mega flow...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a Bosch Dishwasher that has just started making a loud droning noise constantly when switched on. I have taken out and cleaned the filter...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock