Search the forum,

Discuss water softener recomme3ndation for very hard water area. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

that bloke.

as it says on the tin guys , ive read about the electric ones that you wrap wires around your main and there seems to be mixed feelings about them and the magnetic ones seem to raise mixed opinions as well.
so , what do you guys think? cheap and cheerful or a complete waste of money?

well i did look heavily into this and there is no standards for them or anything so a manufacture can make all the claims and guide the customer

they work only whilst the water is insdide and the effect starts wearing off after the water exits

they do seem to help though but best way is a proper water softener

I'm about 30 miles from you and all I fit are the Monarch softeners, most of the other types of things are pants and don't seam to do alot.

I have refused to sell/install Monarch any more, I have had 3 out of 5 Liff 2010V softeners with board faults all within 12 months, then 2 failed within a following year. monarch repaired all first time for free, but arent interested anymore!

Tapworks all the way now, no faults...... so cant comment on their after care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water softener recomme3ndation for very hard water area. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock