Search the forum,

Discuss Water pressure reduction/regulation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andgeo

Hi all! I am new here, and I would really appreciate your help.

I live in an area where the water pressure is high (>8bar) and unstable (may range between 6bar to 10bar).

How can I regulate the pressure so that it is stable at around 6bar? Would a reducer do the job? Suppose a reducer reduces the pressure from 10bar to 6bar (that is, a 4bat drop); does that mean that when the inlet pressure is 6bar, I will get an approx 4bar drop to 2bar? Because that is not what I need... I need a constat 6 bar whatever the inlet pressure is!

I appreciate you reading this! Thanks a lot!

An adjustable pressure reducing valve would keep the pressure at 6 bar (or whatever
pressure adjusted to no matter what the higher incoming pressure is.

If the incoming pressure drops below the set pressure then of course you would only
get that lower pressure.

live on the top floor of a high rise?

6 bar is way to much tbh, 3-3.5 is high for most areas. If you insist on 6 bar then make sure all your pipework and fixtures can safely operate at such a high pressure.

Last edited:
The fittings can obviously handle the 6 bar of pressure he wants as he states it already a fluctuates from 6-10 bar.

you need one of these, you can set it from 1.5-6bar. If you set it at 6bar the pressure coming into your will not exceed this but saying the incoming pressure drops to 4 bar that's all you will get :)

http://m.NoLinkingToThis/p/honeywell-pressure-reducing-valve-with-gauge-22mm/32536?filtered=true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water pressure reduction/regulation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone just checking if this is right regarding water pressure and combi boiler pressure: Do hot and cold water always vary in pressure such as the following? Cold water from tap filled 1 litre jug in 2 seconds Hot water from tap filled 1 litre jug in 5 seconds Gas combi boiler pressure...
Replies
Views
I'm in the process of refurbishing my bathroom. I'll be replacing the existing bath with a walk in shower. Will be installing a thermostatic mixer valve fed by mains on the cold side and a combi boiler (Logic Combi c30) for thr hot. Ideally what I'd like to do is have the mixer valve at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I will try to explain best I can, please bare in mind I am currently in a learning stage so just trying to understand the process behind things. A building with three floors and 69 rooms. How do you work out the pressure needed on the hot water system? I’m sure there is a calculation to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock