Search the forum,

Discuss Water pressure reduction/regulation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andgeo

Hi all! I am new here, and I would really appreciate your help.

I live in an area where the water pressure is high (>8bar) and unstable (may range between 6bar to 10bar).

How can I regulate the pressure so that it is stable at around 6bar? Would a reducer do the job? Suppose a reducer reduces the pressure from 10bar to 6bar (that is, a 4bat drop); does that mean that when the inlet pressure is 6bar, I will get an approx 4bar drop to 2bar? Because that is not what I need... I need a constat 6 bar whatever the inlet pressure is!

I appreciate you reading this! Thanks a lot!

An adjustable pressure reducing valve would keep the pressure at 6 bar (or whatever
pressure adjusted to no matter what the higher incoming pressure is.

If the incoming pressure drops below the set pressure then of course you would only
get that lower pressure.

live on the top floor of a high rise?

6 bar is way to much tbh, 3-3.5 is high for most areas. If you insist on 6 bar then make sure all your pipework and fixtures can safely operate at such a high pressure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water pressure reduction/regulation in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock