Search the forum,

Discuss water pipe to washing machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gaspey

Is there any reason why water pipes from the inlet then across the room under the floor cannot be brought up behind the washing machine with a 't' to the sink. My kitchen fitter thinks they cannot, they have to come up behind the sink (which is further away) and have a 't' back to the washing machine. He says it's because of the electrics. Is this correct?

It is just that there is never any spare room behind washing machines if you bring the water pipes & valves directly up the back then you will push the machine forward & it is likely to stick out further than the work tops /units.

Same with the waste, standard practice is to bring both up in a unit on either side of it, where the valve/s & waste will be accessible to isolate & disconnect the machine before you pull it out.

Last edited:
It is just that there is never any spare room behind washing machines if you bring the water pipes & valves directly up the back then you will push the machine forward & it is likely to stick out further than the work tops /units.

Same with the waste, standard practice is to bring both up in a unit on either side of it, where the valve/s & waste will be accessible to isolate & disconnect the machine before you pull it out.

Thanks for taking the time to explain. It makes sense now and I'm glad I asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water pipe to washing machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock