Discuss Water Hammer solution costs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

westyrf

Hi,
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place, but here goes.
I have water hammer in my cold water pipes. I am not sure what's causing it or whether the source is the stop clock or around the bathroom (it started after I had a new bathroom fitted). I have been quoted £80 to have a water hammer arrestor fitted, however the plumber can not guarantee that it will solve the problem.

Is this a reasonable price for the job?

hello, welcome to the forum,
is this happening when the water is flowing or when closing of the supply?
is it apparent with any cold water use or specific to 1 thing?
was the stop tap closed for the work, have you tried it to see if it will open any more?
has the work in the bathroom left the cold pipe loose/ not clipped sufficiently to the wall?

you will be unlikely to get advice on the cost as it is not possible only from the description to estimate time/level of access etc.
was this the same plumber that did the bathroom?

Hi Simon, thanks for replying
The noise happens when closing the supply. I have drained the system to make sure it wasn't air in the system.
It happens with anything; taps, washing machine, dishwasher.
The plumber did turn off the stop tap for part of the work, but I'm not sure for how much or when. The tap is currently fully open. I have tried turning it down but to reduce the noise I only get a trickle from the shower.
I don't know about the pipes either as they aren't visible. Most are in the wall or under the bath. I do have a high pressure system and the bath tap constantly weeps - I have had the cartridge bit replaced but it still weeps. I'm not sure if these will make a difference.
This is a different plumber to the one that did the bathroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Hammer solution costs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I have been a plumber for 3 years now, I haven't come across many issues with water hammer so I'm not to sure what to do. it happens...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom...
Replies
Views
I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
I wonder can anyone give me some advice over what has become a very annoying situation? Approximately three months ago, what I assume to be...
Replies
Views
Back