Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Water from cupboard overflow pipe when kitchen sink drains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I've just moved into a new house and had a nightmare last night from a pretty simple thing.

I filled the kitchen sink with water to do some washing up. Then when drained the water found it coming up of a little pipe in the cupboard directly underneath (ie into my kitchen).

I'll try and attach some pics but it's a weird thing that I've not seen at a place before, so any help with how I can stop this would be very appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Rory

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 25
It's where a washing machine or dishwasher waste hose has been removed.

If you go and ask an old man in an orange uniform at B&Q, for a blanking plug for a washing machine hose he may find one. Or pop in to a reusable plumbers merchants and get one.

Easy to solve and inexpensive

rubber glove finger and a cable tie/zip tie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water from cupboard overflow pipe when kitchen sink drains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed...
Replies
Views
Hello We recently had a bathroom referb with a new sink and vanity unit that contained all new plumbing for it. The sink doesn't have an overflow...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am planning to build a small half bath in my garage, next to a washing machine, using old showers plumbing. There was a stand-alone...
Replies
Views
For over a week the kitchen sink is leaking water from what I think is called tundish ( I thought is was called overflow but little google search...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock