Discuss waste into rainwater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty Birch

Gas Engineer
Hi I'm replumbing a kitchen onto an extension at the side of the house, the current kitchen is at one side of the house with the waste going into an internal stack, new kitchen is going on the other side of the house with patio doors inbetween so no way of getting back there with a fall.
There is a rainwater drain on the extension side of the house which builder customer and the let down plumber have all agreed to use, iv thrown a spanner into there plans and said its either move the drains outside or pump the waste over to the stack, customer doesn't want either of these options so builders hands are tied.
What I'd like to know is if I tied the sink wm and dw to the rainwater which I have no intentions of doing really who'd be liable for it, also what are the penalties for doing this as I today told the builder he will have to put the waste in heself and I made up a random fine if you get caught (5000)
Shambles of a job I know but I'm trying my best to sort the mess out

Has it been checked, is it defiantly a 2 pipe swewer system? Many are combined.

If not been checked lift man hole covers and smash a load of water down the rain water and see where it go's.

If the rainwater is going to a soak away it could block up with the waste.

What I'd like to know is if I tied the sink wm and dw to the rainwater which I have no intentions of doing really who'd be liable for it, also what are the penalties for doing this

It's not a case of pay a fine and that's it, it HAS to be corrected or the fines just keep coming.
The property owner is ultimately responsible, but I would guess if the person installing the wrong drain can be traced they'll be fined as well.

Max £50,000 and or 5 years jail. It's an environment Agency issue and they quite aggressive, although I doubt a £50000 fine would be imposed for a washing machine issue, that's more for toxic chemicals direct to rivers.

from here; I have a question - ConnectRight (If I don’t do the work, will I be prosecuted)

Legal action can be taken. Initially, authorities usually prefer to work with property owners to correct misconnection problems voluntarily. Ultimately you will be served with a notice to correct the drainage and this will incur more costs especially if the authorities have to undertake the work and then recharge you.

The polluter could also face legal action dependent on the damage to the environment. A person sentenced by a Magistrate faces a fine not exceeding £50,000 or imprisonment of up to 12 months, or both. In extreme cases in a Crown Court a person faces an unlimited fine or imprisonment of up to 5 years, or both.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to waste into rainwater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, Just in process of relocating kitchen & utility to other side of house but have a question re venting requirements. I intend to connect...
Replies
Views
Joeab88
J
I am working on a remodeling a kitchen in a single story house with crawl space that was built in the 1950's. I was wondering if there is a better...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just moved the washing machine into the garage and it will not drain. I wonder if it's something to do with the way I have installed...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock