Discuss washing machine cold and waste behind Electric cooker? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there
The current setup of the kitchen is washing machine - electric cooker - sink
so the cold inlet for the washing machine and the waste must run behind the electric cooker
my concern is whether the pipes are at risk of melting. the cooker is A rated so i am guessing its quiet efficient and not much heat will escape it.
i was looking for some advice on weather it would be a problem or not to run the pipes this way
any help would be much appreciated

Run a length of 38mm copper pipe instead of plastic, might be a solution; that's unlikely to melt :shocked3:TerryH

Who knows how hot the cooker will get apart from the manufacture? Give them a call.

As far as I know the flexible gas hoses are rated to 70 degrees.
So i think if measured temp behind there it shouldn't exceed that.

I had a job to do exactly this last year.
I ran 10mm along the top of the skirting board behind the cooker then up to a 15/10 coupler and a washing machine tap for the cold feed.
For the waste I went through the wall to outside and ran it to the drain outside, I didn't fancy taking the waste behind the cooker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to washing machine cold and waste behind Electric cooker? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am installing a sink in utility room. Washing machine waste already exists and is the verical pipe with the flexib pipe from the machine poked...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
Need to plumb in a new washing machine. The room has a sink and toilet one one side, and at the other end of the room, enough space for washing...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just moved the washing machine into the garage and it will not drain. I wonder if it's something to do with the way I have installed...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock