Discuss Wall hung basin pulling away from wall in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I went in to fit a small wall hung basin today and had a devil of a job trying to keep it tight to the wall along the top edge. I’ve done a couple of wall hung basins before but never had one where the fixing points were right at the bottom. It was supplied with 2 wall anchors which I installed but even tightened the top edge was pulling away and the adhesive wasn’t strong enough to keep it in place. I was worried that tightening any further would crack the ceramic. Is this a common design? And if it is how to you deal with it? It seems baffling to me that anyone would design a sink this way.

Yes common issue normally just pinch the bottom fixings and glue the one or two faces that are on the wall

I sandwiched mine with 2mm neoprene to avoid point loading then ran down the top edge with a silicon beading tool.

Pays to use quality fixings and throw the supplied ones. No point spoiling the job with them.

Reply to Wall hung basin pulling away from wall in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to...
Replies
Views
I’ve eventually got the pan installed on the frame! What a nightmare that was!! The frame and pan are Grohe. Just got a couple of questions...
Replies
Views
Hi, First post (be gentle!) I joined looking for advice and hope someone can help! I’m looking to get a wall hung toilet but have a couple of...
Replies
Views
The taps look like this but are a different make: Victoria Traditional Basin Taps | Buy item at Victorian Plumbing.co.uk -...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock