Discuss Vokera Linea 25HE - rooms never reaching desired temp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

it's chewing thru gas though.
One common reason for ridiculously high (apparent) gas consumption is submitting readings in cubic ft to a supplier who thinks they're in cubic meters.) Can you take two measurements of your gas meter reading 24 hours apart, please? Also photograph the meter at the time of each reading and upload the photos.

Another useful check is to switch the heating off for a period of several hours in the early evening and make sure that the meter doesn't change during the period. This checks that you are reading the correct meter and it is supplying only your flat. Obviously, you need to do this at a time when other people are likely to be consuming gas; 24 hours is best, if you can stand the cold that long.

It's a pre-pay unfortunately, which was here before I moved in (no debt on it), so I can see how much money is being used (as opposed to having to read meter units).

I'm the only person here and the heating is generally completely off during the day when I'm at work (set to come at around 3pm at 18 ramping up to 21 at around 530pm then off again at 10pm).

So from 10pm until 3pm the following day the boiler is off).

It's a pre-pay unfortunately, which was here before I moved in (no debt on it), so I can see how much money is being used (as opposed to having to read meter units).

How much is it charging you (per cubic metre or ft) for the gas? How much does is it costing per day?

If you don't provide actual figures, we can't check that whether they are reasonable or not.

I'll need to see how to get the meter to tell me the chargeable rate. Pressing button A just shows current debt (£0), meter index, and current balance. Button B doesn't seem to show anything.

It's used over £5 in 36 hours (but it's not been on for all of those 36 hours).

I'll need to see how to get the meter to tell me the chargeable rate. Pressing button A just shows current debt (£0), meter index, and current balance. Button B doesn't seem to show anything.

It's used over £5 in 36 hours (but it's not been on for all of those 36 hours).

You need to find out from the gas supplier what tariff you are on. I suspect you're just being charged a lot per kW hr.

Reply to Vokera Linea 25HE - rooms never reaching desired temp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, (not sure if my last post worked so apologies if this is a duplicate). I have an Ideal Boiler (vogue max system 18) and a MegaFlo...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a little advice so I can try and save a bit of money this winter (especially considering the new prices!) I have an...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Have a Glow worm Flexicom 30cx-Installed 2010 and regaularly serviced. Last service October 21. Works fine, with no issues. However it has...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock