Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on water feed to tank and rads (different temps) in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Everyone,
(not sure if my last post worked so apologies if this is a duplicate).

I have an Ideal Boiler (vogue max system 18) and a MegaFlo Water tank.

On the boiler I only have 1 dial to turn the water temp up or down (no separate dials for heating and water).

On the water tank, I can turn a dial (numbers 1-7) to set the water temp (so it cuts off the water feed / stops the boiler when temp is reached). It also has an immersion heter with is not currently receiving power.

Currently, If I set the boiler to 60C, it will supply 60C water to my water tank (if the flow has been enabled) or 60C to my radiators (if the thermostat kicks in).

I use a google nest for the thermostat.

At the moment, the water temp is fine (I'd rather have it at 60C ish to kill off any bacteria), but the radiators in my home don't need to be anywhere near as hot (all rads do have TRV so I can turn it down to help).

As such, I'm looking for some advice on two fronts.

1) If a water tank receives water from the boiler at e.g. 30 Degrees C, does that mean the water in the tank can never be above 30C? Or does it mean that the water can get higher e.g. 60C (due to the tanks insulation) but will simply take longer to reach that desired temp. I suspect the tank temp increases would stop once it reached boiler temp setting but just wanted to check first (since this would solve problem 2 very quickly!)

2) Is there a way to allow two separate temperatures with this setup (either using what is there or by adding another part)? Or am I doomed to only have heating the same temp as my water tank? I can set the TRV valves but the rads do still get hot if the heating is on for long periods and Ideally I'd like to get the boiler condensing to save money.

Thanks in advance
Jon

1 yes if system water is 30 which I very doubt your rads are sized for this flow your cylinder will be around 25 dc ish max

You can have two temps as it’s a vogue and weather comp the heating and have when required the boiler adjust to 60 just for the cylinder will require re wiring the heating system and hoping you have a spare core down to the boiler as it will require two switch lives

Reply to Advice on water feed to tank and rads (different temps) in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock