Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant turbomax strange noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deathruddles

Hi, Now reposted after registering.

Can anyone give me an idea what is causing this problem?

CH and DHW both start normally, but after about 20 seconds after the burner has ignited it makes this load noise.
Sounds a bit like a airplane flying over!
Edit: when it's just central heating it waits until the burner goes to full power.

Then the temp on the gauge very quickly rises and the burner shuts off.
I get no fail codes but obviously very little hot water and no heating.

If I restart the boiler it does the same thing

I understand I can't work on the gas parts of the boiler.
I wouldn't dare! Ha ha.
Cheers
Nick

Boiler casing can form part of the seals structure and integrity of the boiler and as such we can't recommend non-qualified people remove them as you have no means to test the integrity of components or The seals once it's all back together. Unfortunately it's not just a case of avoiding the gas bits.There's too much to go wrong mate I really would get a gas safe engineer in

Last edited:
I wont touch it then.
Was interested to see what was the problem.
I'll get a dude in then.

cheers
Nick

Good choice mate, we don't mean to sound obstructive but where gas is concerned it's just not worth the risk and we take gas safety very seriously on this site. You could try posting here and one of our members might be able to come out and help you [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL] whilst it's not an absolute guarantee of quality if they are a regular member on here they will live in fear of the Mickey taking if they do something wrong

Haha, sounds good!

I'll have to wait till payday, this has already been an expensive month.

I know the feeling mate I've just shelled out 1700 quid on the van

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant turbomax strange noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Got a strange grating noise when the mains water is running in a property I'm looking after. It's a ground floor flat, with a first floor flat above it, and both share the same mains water pipe, and I believe the stopcock behind the washing machine isolates all water to both properties...
Replies
Views
D
I have a Vaillant Turbomax with an F29 fault. When there is a demand for hot water the gas ignites initially, and the water is heated. However the gas then goes out and then comes back on (not sure if this is usual to control the water temp), it does this a few times but then the boiler fails to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs mostly at night. I'm sharing video showing the problem: So far we changed: 1. Expansion vessel 2. Pump 3. Water pressure gauge - analogue sensor...
Replies
Views
I have a very strange issue with my BAXI 105e DHW. if i turn on the hot tap the pump starts and demand for DHW is shown, after a some seconds it will show an error, 60 degree, pump or flow. Well switch the tap off wait maybe fifteen seconds turn tap on and low and behold hot water. If after a...
Replies
Views
Hi all Wondering if you could help with this strange issue. I have a Vaillant ecotec 637 (set to 20kw part load) which was connected via a LLH to my system of 3 zones; DHW and 2 radiator zones. The gas usage was high and didn’t feel the boiler was modulating, so yesterday I decided to remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock