Discuss Vaillant or ATAG system replacement boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bertle

Hi all,

Looking to replace my system boiler ( a Vaillant 622 ecomax). it is controlled by external honeywell valves and programmer.

Wondering if I should go with Vaillant again or try ATAG? I can see that ATAG have mixed opinion about parts availability and being less common so installers may find them more tricky to fix/install, but I have also read that ATAG are outstanding boilers. I was looking at a ATAG A series A320S and a Vaillant 637. Boiler size calculated using vaillant website calculator. ALso felt it takes ages to increase the temperature of the house with the 622, so looking for more power.

At the moment the hot water tank is a standard telford copper in a 1st floor bedroom, want this moved to the garage (which is also where the boiler is), looking at a Megalife indirect cylinder, is this is one to go for? I dont want a combi or combi storage boiler. I have a monsoon pump and dont want to give it up!

Any advice appreciated,

Bertle.

Hi,

I would have a strong preference for the Atag. The A320S is a fine boiler and I have fitted many the Q38S is also worth considering, you mention megaflow I would always prefer getting a cylinder with a coil matched to the boiler load for a true hot water priority system, personally I think the megaflows are crap you mentioned telford copper they make a good stainless unvented range and will custom make a cylinder with whatever coil size you require of cause their are many others.

Kind regards

Atag, why fit a 37kw boiler to replace a 22kw though? Atag parts are next day so don't see an issue, I've ordered at 3pm and had them 730am next morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant or ATAG system replacement boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock