Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Vaillant ecotec 615 help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi.
Boiler is a vaillant ecotec 615 unvented system boiler.
I have changed the diverter valve plastic body (obviously no diverter valve in it).
I had a tiny drip between this and the pump housing, so I have replaced this and replaced all seals around this and the pump.
Upon running the boiler after I completed, the pump runs very noisy and and doesn't quiet down.
Someone suggested the boiler needs to be put in "vent mode". I can't see anyway to do this.
Should this solve the issue and how do I do this?

Appreciate any input.

Mark.

I think the cover on that boiler forms part of the combustion circuit and should only be removed for maintenance by a suitably qualified engineer (gas safe registered in the uk).

No it doesn't they have a sealed combustion chamber inside.

I am a spark by trade and have to take the cover off to work on the electrical side. For installation of stats and such.

Appreciate the concern, but I'm more than capable of working on the water components. I'm not familiar with what buttons to press to get it back up and running though is all.

Yes I’m fully aware of the combustion chamber door seal, but the cover does in fact form part of it on certain boilers, this one included, because of the air intake, which is connected to the flue, and the condensate pipe which at the bottom of the heat exchange, knock that off and products of combustion can enter the room - hence work on a gas appliance. What you do in work is yours and their business. Attached is a guidance sheet produced by gas safe, read the part about an Integral case.

To put this boiler into purge mode, press reset or turn off and off the boiler, whilst at the same time holding the plus button, this will flash 2 dots in the window, only release said button when P.0 appears, to activate this mode press the I button.

Attachments

• 829E74BB-3217-40B8-8C5B-415B5D049A7C.jpeg
    829E74BB-3217-40B8-8C5B-415B5D049A7C.jpeg
    783.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Vaillant ecotec 615 help in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock