Discuss Vaillant 415 ErP Ecotec Plus or Baxi ecoblue advance 25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pottonian

Evening all

I need to get a new boiler and have got quotes from 2 installers - one for the Baxi ecoblue advance 25 and one for the Vaillant 415 ErP ecotec plus.

I am in a quandary as to which to go with.

Any views please?

Thanks in advance

Ian

Its a bit like asking what kind of car should you buy.
They all drive and they all need fixed at some point.

£1900 for the Baxi including new timer and £2500 for the Vaillant.

£1900 for the Baxi including new timer and £2500 for the Vaillant.

Dunno why that didn't come up that I'd posted that answer but that's what I've been quoted.

Just want to make sure that whatever it costs, it'll be money well spent...

As above both will need repairing at some point
Vaillant overpriced imho
Also depends if you get a proper commission of your boiler is your system getting cleaned (very important).

Bit vague to be fair as we don't know who is offering what on your quote other than a boiler.

Thanks for the responses so far.

----

For the Vaillant:

Drain down, strip out and dispose of existing conventional boiler and flue. Installation in existing location of new top of the range, market leading Vaillant 415 ErP Ecotec Plus conventional boiler and new Vaillant horizontal flue. Link boiler upto existing services i.e. flow and returns, gas feed and condensation pipe. Boiler to be wired into existing system controls. System chemically cleansed and inhibited on completion. Boiler and system fully commissioned on completion.

----

For the Baxi:

Drain down heating system,take out old boiler and flue.Supply and fit new Baxi Ecoblue advance 25 and flue in cupboard.Take flue to outside and make good.Connect up condense,connect gas and test,pipe up boiler flow and return.Supply and fit in airing cupboard new magnaclean filter.Wire up boiler and new programmer.Fill and clean system,flush out and add inhibitor.Refill and test out fully.Make good affected areas,clear site and register boiler with Gas safe.

------

For both of the quotes I've also asked for consideration re: getting a new controller as well as my current one doesn't have different day settings for weekends.

I've no knowledge of the Baxi Eco blue but the Vaillant sounds a bit overpriced for what is essentially a re-badged Glow-worm.
What warranty was offered on the boilers ?

Daft question why is one quoting 15kw and the other 25kw
I would be ask this question

I've no knowledge of the Baxi Eco blue but the Vaillant sounds a bit overpriced for what is essentially a re-badged Glow-worm.
What warranty was offered on the boilers ?

Baxi 5 years; Vaillant 8 years

I would prefer the baxi, it is almost silent when running, dont like vaillant, when i see them they always seem to have micro leaks inside and sound like they are kettling

I would want the system flushed prior to installing any new combi with a plate hex, you can get away with not doing so with an intergas boiler as they dont have them to get blocked!

I would want the system flushed prior to installing any new combi with a plate hex, you can get away with not doing so with an intergas boiler as they dont have them to get blocked!

Its not a combi...?

Go with the baxi, vailliant is overpriced.

Energy related products, it a directive to be more mindful of energy consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant 415 ErP Ecotec Plus or Baxi ecoblue advance 25 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock