Search the forum,

Discuss Urgent TMV question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Morning all I've been searching for the last couple hours on here trying to find information about TMVs in care homes. I distinctly remember that song very kind soul posted a table of requirements and temperatures on here a while ago but I am stuffed if I can find.

Does anybody remember this link and might be able to post it

Thanks and happy Thursday

Showers - 43C in care homes - NHS guidelines say not more than 41

Washbasins - Max 41C. NHS guidelines also say max 41C

Not sure if that's what you're looking for? I have a table which shows whether TMV is required or best best practice, and which type. I can scan that if you want?

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a cracking start Mas thank you. If it's not too much trouble to scan it that would be massively appreciated. I am just trying to pass some info to a care home that I've started working for.

2015-12-17 08.22.10.jpg

Here you go mate. Hope that's clear. The book wouldn't stay on the scanner so I had to take a photo.

That's wicked mate thank you very much

Mas, sorry to bother you again buddy. Just wondered in that book of tricks of you might have a couple more answers.
Is there a minimum allowable temp at the tap via a TMV?
Is the ruling any different if the home is a private care home max /min temp wise

Last edited:
Sorry mate, just seen this.

OK, in a nutshell:

Water must be:

Stored at 60-65C to protect against Legionella
Distributed at not less than 55C
To reach outlets at 50C within 30 seconds.

TMVs must be set up to deliver:

Between 35 - 46C in general

Baths - between 41 and 44C (maximum 48) in all new builds / refurbishments
Showers - not more than 43C.
Showers in residential care homes / medical facilities, not more than 41C (NHS guidelines)
Washbasins - 38-41C. NHS guidelines - no more than 41C
Bidet - maximum 38C
Kitchen sinks - no guidelines exist! But to get rid of grease and bacteria, 46-48C required.

This is taken from the C&G 6189 Level 3 course book. Based on BSEN 806 (was BS6700) and Approved Document G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Urgent TMV question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Morning, I want to get TMVs fitted in the basin, and bathtub as the shower is already a thermostatic shower. My question is does each water faucet need to have a TMV and regardless of what the DHW setting is on the gas boiler I take it with the TMV the water won't be very hot or scald those...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’ve just joined the site as I find myself searching for answers to heating questions and inevitably landing here, reading people’s similar questions and all your helpful answers. I’m a DIYer with a keen interest in understanding how my heating system works and how it could be improved...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wanting to build something which isn't related to plumbing, however from the YouTube video I've watched (from the USA) has only USA parts from a store called Lowes. I'm wondering if any kind individuals could specify what the UK equivalent is here in the UK? Charlotte Pipe ¾ inch x...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock