Search the forum,

Discuss Quick intro: DIYer with many questions to follow! in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all
I’ve just joined the site as I find myself searching for answers to heating questions and inevitably landing here, reading people’s similar questions and all your helpful answers.
I’m a DIYer with a keen interest in understanding how my heating system works and how it could be improved for better comfort and efficiency.
I live in an 1874 stone house in ***bria, with a Windhager Biowin 2 (installed by previous owners 8 years ago) with 13 standard radiators (5 added and 2 replaced myself so far). We’ve had the vented hot water cylinder replaced this year with a 210l unvented unit. I’ve replaced the Honeywell Home standard S Plan setup with an Evohome just with boiler control and hot water kit. And I’ve just started to add smart TRVs (4 HR92s so far).
The medium term plan is to replace downstairs rads with UFH.
I have lots of ideas and questions about how to upgrade the system but haven’t yet found a trustworthy local heating engineer to help design this and do the difficult parts!
I hope I’ll be able to get some good advice on here for my slightly unusual setup.
Please look out for my strange questions!

Andy

Reply to Quick intro: DIYer with many questions to follow! in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock