Discuss Upstairs downstairs zones in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bibfrey

Hi.

I'm not a plumber but am fitting a new combi into my house with my old man who is a plumber, but he's what I'll politely describe as 'old school'.

The upstairs and downstairs rads do currently run off seperate circuits and I'd like to be able to run two thermostats to allow downstairs and upstairs to be on at different times or at different temps. I'm also planning on getting nest or hive, does anyone have any advice on how we could easily create the two zones, if possible?

thanks in advance
adam

well the old man will know how to run an s plan to set up 2 zones, so get him to do it

if an area is bigger than 150sq will require its own zone but tbh its your house so you can do what you want within the rules

and have a look at honeywell evohome

Just to clarify. If you have a house with upstairs and downstairs then a floor plan area of over 75 square metres would require 2 heating zones.

Thanks all, the s plan looks quite logical. Would this be a case of zones on / off or would it allow for both to be on but operating at different temperatures?

I'll take a look at the Honeywell, assuming it's similar to nest or hive, I believe I'm right in saying you'd have to buy two devices to cover the two zones?

Im not certain of the square meters for our house to be honest, it's a generous 3 bed semi running 10 rads.

Thanks
Adam

He is yeah, he's still active but tends to prefer working on old systems ...... He's an expert with 30 year old glow worm systems :)

His knowledge really only tends to stop when I talk to him about wifi powered thermostats and valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Upstairs downstairs zones in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Hoping to check if I have a genuine fault, or something I've overlooked. I've just moved into a my first house with a conventional...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs...
Replies
Views
N
Hopefully a quick question: I have bought a new house and had a few issues with the CH system (they connected the valves for the two zones to the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back