Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Upstairs downstairs zones in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bibfrey

Hi.

I'm not a plumber but am fitting a new combi into my house with my old man who is a plumber, but he's what I'll politely describe as 'old school'.

The upstairs and downstairs rads do currently run off seperate circuits and I'd like to be able to run two thermostats to allow downstairs and upstairs to be on at different times or at different temps. I'm also planning on getting nest or hive, does anyone have any advice on how we could easily create the two zones, if possible?

thanks in advance
adam

well the old man will know how to run an s plan to set up 2 zones, so get him to do it

if an area is bigger than 150sq will require its own zone but tbh its your house so you can do what you want within the rules

and have a look at honeywell evohome

Just to clarify. If you have a house with upstairs and downstairs then a floor plan area of over 75 square metres would require 2 heating zones.

Thanks all, the s plan looks quite logical. Would this be a case of zones on / off or would it allow for both to be on but operating at different temperatures?

I'll take a look at the Honeywell, assuming it's similar to nest or hive, I believe I'm right in saying you'd have to buy two devices to cover the two zones?

Im not certain of the square meters for our house to be honest, it's a generous 3 bed semi running 10 rads.

Thanks
Adam

He is yeah, he's still active but tends to prefer working on old systems ...... He's an expert with 30 year old glow worm systems :)

His knowledge really only tends to stop when I talk to him about wifi powered thermostats and valves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Upstairs downstairs zones in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock