Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented Indirect / Low Pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

A local firm have quoted for an unvented indirect Megaflo cylinder to cure low pressure hot water around the entire house to run off an ancient Kingfisher 2 boiler.

Mains cold water to the kitchen sink is good but all other cold and hot water around the house is dire.

Is this a good solution (the firm is quoting £1400 inc vat). There are two showers, 1 bath, kitchen, utility (rarely used). Usually 4 people.

I have a few questions please...

They state slimline Megaflo 150l so I take it will be a Heatrae Sadia Megaflo?

Is that a reasonable price for a local reputable firm?

Is this solution really going to cure the low water pressure?

Can an immersion heater backup be fitted to suck a tank?

Is there anything I should think about / know about such an istallation?

Thanks.

Won’t be a mega flow as there 1k just for that

Ok thanks, it's just that they quoted a "Supply and install a new 150ltr indirect slimline Megaflo unvented hot water cylinder". Megaflo is trademarked, that's why I thought it would be a Heatrae Sadia.

I am worrying that these need to be serviced yearly. Are there better low maintenance solutions?

Have they measured your incoming flow rate and dynamic pressure to ensure an unvented cylinder is suitable? It should be a minimum of around 20 litres / min with 2 bar working pressure. You will also need to ensure your internal pipework is upgraded, especially to showers which should be in 22mm.

From personal experience, don't bother with a Megaflo tank. The internal expansion bubble is useless and there are better / cheaper brands available.

Just check the exact make of the one quoted for. They all need maintenance whether internal or external air space.

Reply to Unvented Indirect / Low Pressure in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock