Discuss Unusual radiator install/ f&e overflowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Upstairs bathroom rad on gravity. The 'return' goes straight up into the loft and back done again through the airing cupboard. The vent is T'd off this pipe in the loft. So the installer has basically piped the rad into the expansion pipe. Custard called me as I service their boiler, they had heard the f&e tank 'boiling'. The pictured rad was at 75 degrees, same as boiler control stat position. I spect what they heard was the expansion pipe blowing.
The rad and pipe work look long standing but I've not seen this before. Anyone else?

jydygymy.jpg
t

Seen it loads mate, old way of running the bathroom rad off of the primaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unusual radiator install/ f&e overflowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi so I changed a towel radiator in bathroom from a normal radiator. I bunged the f&e tank and vent pipe , drained about a pint of water out the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have just installed a vented McDonald 250L thermal store, it is for multi fuel but currently just connected to a standard oil boiler in...
Replies
Views
J
Moved into an old house that has a vented gravity fed system (cold water tank and feed + expansion tank in the attic). I need to replace all...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating engineers, asking what would they recommend for heating a granny annexe being built onto the side of my...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
Back