Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor heating is stuck on - actuator issue? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello. I am here for some advice please.

We have a water underfloor heating system in our house and have recently had some issues with one of the zones seeming to overheat with the heat still being sent despite the thermostat not sending demand or even being on an all. These are all new thermostats which were replaced a few weeks ago and that is when the problem started.

We called a very reputable heating engineer who has now been 4 times and unfortunately still doesn't know what is wrong. He said it could be an issue with the actuator, so has replaced the actuator - the original type of actuator was no longer available (Behr Thermot-Tronik X7 592 70 10, 230V, 50-60 Hz, 3W F4, D70806). It has been replaced it with a new Mohlenhoff actuator.

The Mohlenhoff actuator appears to be getting very hot during day to day use. Is this usual? It is not too hot to touch but is pretty warm. Our other 2 actuators (still the original type) are not hot.

The engineer is proposing to come back again this week and is bringing an electrician with him but please could anyone help advise on (a) if there is any way to cut off the supply to the zone in question whilst we wait for this, as it's very hot, and (b) what might cause a zone to be constantly heating up, especially if the actuator is getting hot in the process.

I am pondering if we should get a new engineer for a second opinion but there aren't loads of options.

Thank you in advance for any advice!

To stop that zone overheating temporarily just remove the actuator If your competent with electrics unwired it .
Maybe check that the pin under the head is moving freely.
Anyone competent with a multimeter should be able to sort it.

some actuators will screw down see if yours does BUT do not force it, or if you know whats what shut the flow down.

Reply to Underfloor heating is stuck on - actuator issue? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock