Discuss Un-sleeved gas pipe, landlord saftey check. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care expand on that please. Its either AR or ID in which AR it is which is my understanding
Your point is my point. Someone above was stating that it is only NCS, if you read my comments I have asked which gas pipe they are on about, as it is also my understanding to be AR as per GIUSP

Not if it’s the pipe off the gas meter it isn’t.
Your point is my point. Someone above was stating that it is only NCS, if you read my comments I have asked which gas pipe they are on about, as it is also my understanding to be AR as per GIUSP

Only ar if it's medium Pressure

If the meters not sealed through the wall only ncs

Only ar if it's medium Pressure

If the meters not sealed through the wall only ncs
2.8 doesn’t say anything about being medium pressure mate.

AB13459B-AE5D-4FEA-8693-283ADDCFE116.png

Read the notes advise only, if it was true ar it would be isolate supply

In short most things that were ncs are now ar but advise only

Read the notes advise only, if it was true ar it would be isolate supply

In short most things that were ncs are now ar but advise only
I understand your point mate, but my point is that it is still AR not NCS. The op was classing it as NCS and it isn’t. You would still need to fill out a warning notice.

I understand your point mate, but my point is that it is still AR not NCS. The op was classing it as NCS and it isn’t. You would still need to fill out a warning notice.

As it's advise only no you wouldn't just note down on your sheet gas pipe unsleeved

They've put double standards for ar now which in my opinion is bs

It's now "non compliant" providing no sign of damage to pipework. Advise to homeowner/agent/landlord. No longer formally notifiable. I'd personally seal it if in a meter box removing the chance of entry of gas from meter box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Un-sleeved gas pipe, landlord saftey check. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
i am a landlord and have had great advice here. I am using a new gas engineer/plumber who tells me Water Quality testing is now a compulsory part...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, These sleeves cover 10mm PVC central heating pipes (see picture and ignore tape measure) and I believe this is what makes it possible...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock