Discuss UFH-no controls fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to job last week, cust has had builder in, who has installed UFH- only one circuit, to the kitchen/dinner extension.
The pump is on a 3 pin, plugged in, on 24/7.

So my question is what sort of controls can I add.?
I was thinking of using a Danfoss RF+3 digistat (same as what they have), but wonder if would connect to the other RF.
( roomstat-timer - dial on the boiler.) as it's in the basement and would it work ?
PUMP and Actuator activated by second RF placed in the kitchen.
The UFH would be only temp controlled and off when the boiler timer is off, is this acceptable? I'm just not sure! :001_9898:

?? Is there a manifold?
is there a tmv on the manifold?

Heatmiser, best UFH controls ... Programmable room stat and wiring centre for the actuators on the manifold
http://www.heatmisershop.co.uk/heatmiser-prt-programmable-room-thermostat/
[DLMURL]http://www.heatmisershop.co.uk/heatmiser-uh3-8-zone-230v-wiring-centre/[/DLMURL]

Really just a single loop? bet he laid it serpentine as well, lazy ^&^&%"££$$"£ ....

Last edited by a moderator:
yep worcester there's a manifold for a single loop and it is probably laid serpentine-can't see it floor is screed'd. I'll check out your links, but will my suggestion work?

The problem is are there any actuators of the UFH manifold? photo needed of the manifold please..

The problem is are there any actuators of the UFH manifold? photo needed of the manifold please..
There's one actuator, and the pump, but it's not near the boiler so no cable from boiler.
Could I wire in the unit onto the ring mains and take off the pump and actuator=which will respond to the roomstat? It's not ideal but i'm not an electrician and i don't want to start running a cable from the boiler. I mean there is a RS for the radiators but i don't think i want to twin the rad's with the UFH as i want them to work independently. If this makes sense? It's a JG manifold, two circuits, one capped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to UFH-no controls fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi - please help me. I think our UFH is installed incorrectly. Please see pictures (if anyone needs more images I can take them)...
Replies
Views
Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system...
Replies
Views
Back