Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
just and update, i found that the course with the stated numbers was enough for me to install bathrooms and some basics on central heating. I only wanted to go self employed doing a few bits. As far as getting employment in concerned then i would need an nvq level 3. The 6128 it a technical certificate that covers all of the theory of an nvq level 2. This still was not enough and with the recent credit crunch my work has dropped. I contacted t4ts and they informed me that they are now doing a nvq level 3 course. The deal is i have to find my own work placement but if i fail and i am sure i will they will give me a work placement to get me through the practicle assesments. The new course is cheeper and better and i was a bit anoyed but there is noting i can do. I intend to get onto the new course because there is plenty of work in heating and ventilation as a subcontractor for the local councils. The new course includes underfloor heating, part p electrical and solar energy and its about a grand cheeper. Im not sure how they have pulled this off but they tell me that the practicle centres are a seperate company that they now own and since they train major contractors, they have an agreement with them and can now offer work placements. More study for me but the old courses have been dropped and they were only a tempory mesure. 9 weeks practicle with on the job assesment is the new deal so i guess you lot have nothing to compalain about anymore!

train4 trade skills new starter

hi all, im enrolling on the advanced course with t4ts this week.. im very excited about this as ive done nothing but check out all the programs on offer from all the different companies and finally chosen this one.. i remember checking out olci and they seemed so expensive for what thy offered plus they seemed so unorganised that i just couldnt trust them.. im not stupid enough to think that im not going to pay over the odds for a plumbing course but tfts seems to offer more than others so i will keep you updated on my progress thru the course.. can anyone whos on this course give me some feedback as to how there doing on it and if they are enjoying it... regards greg

Re: train4 trade skills new starter

hi, i'm in the same boat as you, i looked around & this course seemed the best value for money. i've just started mine & the course work so far is quite easy so i've zoomed through it. You never know, depending on which area you are in we might even meet up on the practical training course!
Good luck on your course anyway!

hi. did u get my other email? have been on the course since last wed am am now on module 2 which is great.. look fward to hearing from you as its great to know others are on the same course. how ya doin?

Alright guys, i just started course a few weeks ago as well, enjoying it so far.
Just finished the first book today, so sent in my TMA, then think i'll get another one sent out, and if i'm not mistaken, need to book myself in for test centre.

hi andy mc how ya enjoyin the course? bin at it since last wednesday and cant put the bloody book down... what do you do at the moment and how do you find it doing the studyin? best regards greg

Has anyone got the address for the website where you can check the progress onsubmitted TMA's etc? I've brought my college number to work to check but forgot to note address!
andymc can you help?

Last edited:

Im a joiner/carpenter, but struggling work wise due to the credit crunch, no one buying houses so limited unsteady work out there for us just now.
Finding the studying ok, enjoying it, and thats the main thing, using my brain again in the mathematics side of it lol.
Not able to do it as much as i'd like due to the kids etc, but still putting in enough hours.
:D

thank alot, hopefully my result will be on there!

Hi Guys,

I have just signed up for the course so looking forward to it will try and keep an update of how its going. is there any one who has done the full course yet it would be great to here from you on how you found the course. On of the big things on this fourm is time served plumber dissing the courses has anyone done this course and gotten a job or work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back