Discuss Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not too fussed about the price of it, its just the fact that from what i have been told its really the nvq level 3 you need before any employer will even think about giving you a chance. I have today looked into a company called BTSC but the prices are £5000 for level 1 and 2 and a extra £4000 for the level 3. The college courses sound good but as i work away from home every week this would mean giving up a job i enjoy to go back to college.

Well the job i do at the moment i have done for 8 years and this year i have had very little work coming in and i have went from around £20,000 per year to around £12,000. Plumbing has always been something i have wanted to do but think now with my work the way it is would be a great time to do it.

The guy who gave me the interview says at the end i would get a NVQ level 1 and 2. Sorry if that information is wrong im just going by what i was told in the interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: train 4 trade skillser

Hi Guys

I did a course with train 4 trade skills and am working for myself. its been very good, I went and tried a course at the college but hated it full of bloody kids mucking about couldnt get to use all the stuff and not enuff help from trainers,bloody waste of time would have taken me 2 years and still not much expereince the only way to get expereince is to actually do the job as I am finding out. I do need help sometimes but the trainers at train 4 trade skills still help me on the phone if ring em up and to be honest most of the stuf i do is bog standard. I did the course in a year and found a bloke in my area to help out a bit while I was doing it he paid me a few bob but i recomend it if you can to get a bit more confidense. Ive been working as a plumber now for six months mainly bathroom and kitchin stuff but its great tge moneys good and the mrs is happy lol

Hi all

I've been reading comments about Train 4 Trade Skills. Mixed bag really. Has anyone had any bad experiences with training to become a plumber with Train 4 Trade Skills? I've had a guy come to see me from them and he said it will be between 24 and 36 months to get trained and qualified. Is the course worth the money? I've got my hesistations...but can't afford to give up my current job to go back to college to do the training. Plus I'm 34 I don't many plumbing companies who'd give me a look in...they'd rather consider someone younger.

Yeah mate you are too old to get a job in plumbing now unfortunately at 21 you are probably pushing it . Good luck with whatever you do .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train 4 Trade Skills in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock