Discuss tool box!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got to agree with the blue toolbox.

http://www.twtools.co.uk/online-tool-sales/TOOL_BOX_BLUE_20_C_W_STORAGE_TRAY.html

Its perfect for working on boilers/servicing. Its a decent size and pretty light so you shouldn't have many problems carrying it, unless you absolutely ram it.

Its nice and solid, so you can use it as a step, which comes in really handy.

The two trays have dividers which you can alter the position of, to suit your tools.

I think its used by a lot of big companies like British Gas, National Grid, etc.

I'd recommend it to anyone, I might even get myself another (one for servicing/repairs and installs).

Last edited:
I can't open the link, but I'm more into the heating and oil boiler side of this industry, and finding something to keep all the relevant tools in is pretty hard, I tend to use mainly combi spanners on boilers and burners, my next step is probably going to be a tool roll for my spanners, screwdrivers and allen keys. I couldn't get on with the bag I had.

I can't open the link, but I'm more into the heating and oil boiler side of this industry, and finding something to keep all the relevant tools in is pretty hard, I tend to use mainly combi spanners on boilers and burners, my next step is probably going to be a tool roll for my spanners, screwdrivers and allen keys. I couldn't get on with the bag I had.

I have a little Rolson tool bag for the oil that I picked up from tool station. I try to keep my oil tools seperate. Not nice changing taps in somebody's house with smelly spanners. :)

ive tried so many times to have several smaller boxes with dedicated tools in like one for boiler repairs one for electrical one for plumbing etc but ive always come back to a big box in the van and a medium sized box which i fill and remove acording to the job and then if i need more its the bucket
big boxes are a pain to carry once full and unless your working in large offices/hospitals with long corridors and lifts the wheeled ones are even worse

Last edited:
very out of fashion now days but have the advantage that when placed on the floor you can see every tool and dont have to dig around you can get a bottle and bender in one with the tools probably the best for site work

The blue bg ones are the best. I put all my tools in that and then have an open toolbox for soldering gear and pipework tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tool box!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
I am starting a large victorian renovation and it will involve, (amongst everything else) installation of an entirely new heating and plumbing...
Replies
Views
Hi, Hoping some of you folks can steer me in the right direction. I have been self employed for the last 15years supplying services to the...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock