Search the forum,

Discuss Toilet leaking water into bowl. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

B

Beverley

My toilet was slow flushing. I did some research and discovered it needed a new diaphragm washer. I managed to replace that. It now works. But now it trickles water into the bowl between flushes and then there is an odd noise randomly. I turned the water off at the mains and now the water level in the bowl is low. I have turned the water back on and the trickling has stopped but the level in bowl is still low. Please help.

If by 'slow flushing' you mean, when you flush, the water level in the bowl rises up higher than normal, and then slowly empties, that is a symptom of the soil pipe being partly blocked. If the water level in the bowl sits lower than it used to, that is also a possible indication of a partly blocked soil pipe. On the other hand, if you mean less water goes into the bowl, then as the above post. Maybe there is a problem with the flush valve assembly.
Water trickling into the bowl could be due to the diaphragm washer leaking (which you've replaced) or the fill valve sticking, and as a result the cistern overflowing into the bowl. Maybe the noise is the fill valve finally deciding to turn off (later than it should!) at which point the water would stop leaking into the bowl.
I think you may have two different issues to resolve?

Reply to Toilet leaking water into bowl. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock