Search the forum,

Discuss Timer for a Camray Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sprinter

I wonder if anyone can solve this one.
I have a Camray 5 Boiler and had only ever used it on the summer/winter switch. So following the installer's advice I bought a Honeywell (get a Honeywell, they're foolproof, he said) CM900.
I have done the wiring exactly as required in the installation guides, but the system doesn't run. The remote talks to the receiver box and the lights all work, but it won't power the boiler up.
I tried the Honeywell helpline, and as they suggested I swapped the live feeds, but still nothing.
A sparks has checked the connections as correct and two different plumbers have also checked the sytem and found it according to the guides.
Why does it not work? Could 4 non-idiots have all missed something?

its not rocket science if there power into the reciever and it switches then boier should fire you have to work your way along the wiring to find out where power isnt present not familiar with the boiler your using but i assume your switching the sw wire to boiler

Ha! Just had a similar problem my sparks have been trying to sort out with an old Myson boiler. Exactly the same thing but a Honeywell CM907

Assuming your boiler has everything wired back to a loom inside it, basically you need to rip out all the timer controls and most of the wiring loom inside the boiler which controls the various pumps, valves etc and start from scratch with a new Honeywell wiring station and time / function controller. Disconnect everything inside the boiler except the thermostat and the indicator lights set up so that you have a single cable controlling the boiler on/off alone. Just wire that into the Honeywell wiring box and away you go!

You can check the power on/off for the boiller by connecting to live supply and seeing if the boiler powers up.

Last edited:
It would help if you say want wiring you have done through unit and to want boiler connections
your boiler I believe just has sl/pl/n/e,is this right?

Thanks.
I took some photos of the circuit board and the wiring diagrams in the guides. I'll post them when I have got a photobucket or imageshack account. It might take a few days, as I want to brighten the images up first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Timer for a Camray Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock