Search the forum,

Discuss time limit on level 2 nvq in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vannie25

Does anyone know how soon i have to complete my plumbing level 2 nvq after I have completed my level 2 city and guilds.:wink:

there is no time limit. Quicker you find jobs for your portfolio quicker it will finish.

Will there not be a time limit now that they've changed to the new diploma?

Where's Fuzzy - he's likely to know.

there is a time limit, normally 5 years with the guilds from registration however it depends on how long you enrolled at the centre. if you enrolled to do it in 2 years you only have 2 years with that centre to do it. if you go past that you can go to another centre and your already registered

bear in mind though, the old nvq is going so often brings the time limit down

ps, nvq is city and guilds, what i presume you mean is the tech cert

when i did my nvq's i have been told there is no time limit,so no need to worry about it. Good thing i finished them quick. Sorry for wrong info i gave, than.

its 5 years from registration mate, but if a new qual comes in it can be sooner

registration of tech cert so 5 years total / 3 years from completing tech cert or 5 years after finishing tech cert as 2 different people told me one then the other at my college.

i am not aware of any time linit from tech cert to nvq, im pretty sure there isnt one as you can use it against the new nvq which will be around for 5 years minimum. so if you did your tc 7 years ago its just as useable against the new nvq as 1 done 2 years ago

College have told me its 3 years from tech cert to getting NVQ completed, but as its all changing round you have to get that done and a conversion to move onto level 3.
It sounds bad but I've chilled out on the hunting till the new year as I'm off to Australia for a couple of weeks in 15 days.

think thats a college thing, its nothing to do with the guilds i dont think

Last year i finished my tech cert and college told me that it was 5 years. It worked out ok for me though as i managed to get taken on by a large firm in my city, and have now completed the NVQ within 8 months of starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to time limit on level 2 nvq in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, looking to gain experience as a plumber's mate in Essex area, I'm from Rayleigh and have a full driving licence and Van. Looking for a step into domestic plumbing. I have experience working in general property maintenance for a family business. I have completed a Level 2 technical...
Replies
Views
My names Chris looking for experience, full driving license, city and guilds level 2 plumbing and heating, level 3 Regs & advance hot water systems. Mentored for 1year in plumbing workshop and carried out small on site jobs. Willing to travel and or relocate if necessary. Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone My 20 yr old son is about to complete his C&G level 2 in May and requires an apprenticeship to go on to Level 3 and eventually Gas Safe. Is there anyone on this forum from Halifax, or nearby areas that are looking for an apprentice? If not, he could do the odd few hours or...
Replies
Views
I got my water regs when I completed my NVQ level 3, in 2017. Do you have to renew this every year?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock