Discuss Three favourites all combined together in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ermintrude

So my fantasy install. Wb, plastic and a tf1.

Wow all three, condensates oversized and flue not filled collar on badly and new plastic pipes are coated with black film . Tf1 chocka.
y8upugeq.jpg
8a4u5e7u.jpg

Looks like a ****e fit to go with a overpriced ****e boiler,can you tell i am a Vaillant man

Valiant nice, Baxi or ideal that's our lot! Just in b&poo getting boilers for rest of week. 12 simi and 3 heatline. All be in by lunch broken by tea .

Valiant nice, Baxi or ideal that's our lot! Just in b&poo getting boilers for rest of week. 12 simi and 3 heatline. All be in by lunch broken by tea .

not fitted a baxi for years,but i fit ideal's as a second choice

Fit 100's of duo tec and platinums HE of course leave GA for the experts.

My favourite boiler is the logic + it's the land rover of the modern boiler world.

Vogues are nice but normally get asked for a valiant when priced vogue vs valiant. Icos and isar are still mudding ideals waters. .

Quality install, love the massive hole in the floor were the boards aren't replaced.

Loving the supported condensate!
shouldent it go to 32mm before it goes out the wall?

I thought it was just me, all I see is Worcesters and glad I'm not on my own in thinking there ****e to work on when they break, don't understand the hype

I actually cant find any mention of it.
worcester mis say go to 32mm before going to outside. Suppose its just down to mis....

Ive always done it but im sure there was a tb on it earlier in the year. Ill have a dig out

Its a recommendation, not a rule. Sometimes there's just no room to do it, the condense pipes are to close to the wall.
I run them through the wall in 21mm and put a reducer to 32mm straight into an elbow. No problems as yet.

Not sure but I think ideal have put in there MI's now that pipe says has to be increased internally prior to going through cavity

Ermintrude, can I use this picture please?

im after pictures of 'quality' boilers fitted by chimps to show that it's not just the boiler you want to pay a bit more for if you want a reliable system.

Ermintrude, can I use this picture please?

im after pictures of 'quality' boilers fitted by chimps to show that it's not just the boiler you want to pay a bit more for if you want a reliable system.

On behalf of chimps everywhere, I object to that remark. A properly trained chimp would have done a neater job...

I thought it was just me, all I see is Worcesters and glad I'm not on my own in thinking there ****e to work on when they break, don't understand the hype

basically Johny Ball has a big wedge in his pocket,next year Zoe might get her kit off if sales fall

So my fantasy install. Wb, plastic and a tf1.

Wow all three, condensates oversized and flue not filled collar on badly and new plastic pipes are coated with black film . Tf1 chocka.
y8upugeq.jpg
8a4u5e7u.jpg

I'm loving the Tf1 on the Flow pipe, Genius :cry_smile:

like them or not, they (worcester) have the biggest share of the market and saying you wont fit them is just plain stupid, the customer is always right, even when they are wrong :)

as for the install, what a turd. looks like the soldering was done with a oxy torch looking at all the burn marks.

I'm a Worcester tart... Good to install, and a 5, 7 or 8 year guarantee with good manufacturer back up! Can't complain at that! After 8 years rip it off and fit another if there that bad to work on!

I'm a Worcester tart... Good to install, and a 5, 7 or 8 year guarantee with good manufacturer back up! Can't complain at that! After 8 years rip it off and fit another if there that bad to work on!

if you are working on a price subbing you would change your opinion of Worcesters.I fit a Vaillant pro 28 and the downstairs rads,while my mate does the up stairs we normally fire it up around 3 pm this is on a contract basis.All the fitters hate Worcesters with a passion because they are plasticy, fiddly,if the wall isnt even you can have problems with the jig.If i had all day to fit it while drinking tea with mrs Jones then ok.Looking at worcesters they havnt moved on like other boilers have,and that filling key is like something from 'Toys are us',but said that there after sales is good.Think ive fitted too many Vaillants and become used to a different level of build quality.

Funny how Worcestors are the best selling boiler in the uk, but not many on here like them or fit them.
Can someone set up a pole please, it would make very interesting reading.

Funny how Worcestors are the best selling boiler in the uk, but not many on here like them or fit them.
Can someone set up a pole please, it would make very interesting reading.

That isnt going to last with the number of engineers that dislike them, I come across far more engineers that would chose not to fit them than to fit them.

That isnt going to last with the number of engineers that dislike them, I come across far more engineers that would chose not to fit them than to fit them.

Thats been true for many years, but Worcester remain no 1.

For 8 years, we flatly refused to sell them, but it didn't make them any less popular.

Don't forget, in many situations, the engineer doesn't get the choice. Its on the spec for sitework, or the householder insists.

Thats been true for many years, but Worcester remain no 1.

For 8 years, we flatly refused to sell them, but it didn't make them any less popular.

Don't forget, in many situations, the engineer doesn't get the choice. Its on the spec for sitework, or the householder insists.

This is true but most new builds I have been to recently have got ideals. It comes back to the posts you and I made on that other thread about brand quality and purchase psychology. Unfortuanately the end user unlike with cars doesnt (can not) interact with there purchase in a way that would inform them of how inferior it is, they just get to be hypnotised by the shinny blue light. In that respect WB s marketing strategy is genius.

Can't knock them for business strategy. They've got the brand awareness from years gone by and created a product that is able to be sold to the majority of the market, cheap enough for site with contract terms, cheaper than a vaillant which they compete with for the top of the range spot perceived by the customer, high margins I would imagine as the components are universal throughout their range.

Now they have sold out to b and q I hope it is the start of their decline. It'll take a good few years though and with their installer scheme they offer which is like a franchise they are keeping the heating company happy by providing glossy stationary and branded items to help push the sale.

i honestly think if ideal keep doing what they are they can rival them to some degree. British made, cheaper, currently more reliable I would say, a few more years and the isar / icos catastrophe should be starting to fade into the past along with warmfront. Only problem is that ECO installs are chucking ideals in at a fair pace although the same for vaillant around here.

Ideal need to get their marketing strategy in gear though, they seem to be sitting back a bit, maybe budget won't allow but they need to offer a bit more support to the installers to make people change from Worcester and their support structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Three favourites all combined together in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock