Discuss Things i need for a Plumbing tool kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pana37

hi all after posting on this great forum i have decided to go for Copper pipes to fit a totally new central heating. before anyone says i wont be touching any gas!
already have 22mm and 15mm pipe slice.
Question i wanted to ask is.
i need to buy Lead free solder and Flux with a built in brush, are there any particular brands i should go for? or are they all the same?

looking to buy map gas from toolstation linky
what other things i need besides normal diy tools

thanks in advance..

It's like riding an old bike,whatever would we do without capillary attraction, three wheeled bike!!!:eek:mg_smile: it's when you get in those awkward
spaces where the experience will count, don't burn everything around you

Last edited by a moderator:
yes going to start this v soon thanks Keefy

Cut a length of pipe up into small sections, say an inch or two per piece and join then together with couplings. Practice soldering from below too. Remember to remove the flame before applying the solder.

There's so much to learn if this is your first time doing such a job but if you're willing to listen and take the advice offered by the members here you should be okay. You could probably do with getting your camera out to keep us updated.

Cut a length of pipe up into small sections, say an inch or two per piece and join then together with couplings. Practice soldering from below too. Remember to remove the flame before applying the solder.

There's so much to learn if this is your first time doing such a job but if you're willing to listen and take the advice offered by the members here you should be okay. You could probably do with getting your camera out to keep us updated.

Good advice Keefy, but please not on film I don't like seeing grown men cry..:19: Push fit rules OK, did I just say that :bigcry: copper not plastic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qbq2Z5_LUY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JufNYNnxLrw

Last edited by a moderator:
An sds drill.

clip your pipes !!!
thats my biggest pet hate with diy, when there is a 4 metre run with 6 couplings and a single clip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Things i need for a Plumbing tool kit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
Hi, A little about the business: I currently own a plumbing business (website and marketing) - looking to target residential and commercial...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Hello. I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping to be able to learn some things as well as contribute as best I can. This might seem like an odd...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
Back