Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostatic valve for DHW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

derekhandforth

I am having a new pressured DHW tank fitted and I asked the plumber to fit a thermostatic valve to prevent scalding at the taps.

He says that they are a waste of time as they only allow water to 42 deg which his customers find too cold for a bath.

Are there any that allow about 55 deg, and where can it be purchased.

DHW Thermostatic valve.

I want my plumber to fit a thermostatic valve to a new pressure DHW tank. He say no as they only allow 42 deg and his customers say it is too cold for a bath.

Are there any that allow up to 55 deg, and where can it be bought.

Thanks

Derek, they are all adjustable, if they are under a bath they can be a git to fit that's probably why he doesnt want to fit one. Get one from a merchants, loads available, there is a load of cheap crap on ebay leave them alone

The one I saw was a Danfoss: TVM-W that fits at the tank.

But can't find it being sold anywhere.

A TMV at the cylinder should not be set to less than 55 to prevent the spread of the legionella bacteria. Even this may be on the low side as hot water at a temperature of 50C should reach the outlet within 1 minute. If you want temperatures lower than this you will have to look at point of use temperature control.

You can get blending valves that are designed to be fitted by your cylinder. They are used on solar installs a lot (Google solar tempering valve). Tmv's are for point of use as suggested by others, and should be as close to the tap as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermostatic valve for DHW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock