Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Thermal imaging camera in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

Morning lads I keep thinking about a thermal imagine camera.
For finding reasons for cold rads, balancing, blockages and seeing everything is running as is should.
anyone got one?

Good investment. I've always fancied getting one. What one you after and how much?

Just looking on eBay £3-400 mark. There is one that plugs in to a iphone that's £230. Just think how many times you say I ain't got x ray vision I can't see through walls or pipes. Well now you can.
Think it's a better investment than a electronic pipe freeze.

But can you charge to use it? Will it not lose money as the time spent on a hour charge be lost as you can see where the flow is being lost so the problem balance job that takes hours ong take 1

I like mine. Its got me a few jobs and has been a good 'convincer' instead of just trying to explain, a pictures worth a 1000 words and all that....

Avoid thermal imaging thermometers such as the dewalt offering.
And in this field resolution is king

Flir E8.
The lower range E series can be hacked to be an E8.
They are all identical and are 'firmware crippled' by the manufacturer.

Flir E8.
The lower range E series can be hacked to be an E8.
They are all identical and are 'firmware crippled' by the manufacturer.

how much you pay if you dont mind quick google and 4k ooooo

I use the flir one, which is more than adequate for what I want, looked at the E8 but was not financially worth me buying, nice piece of kit though.

You can hack an e4 to be an e8 in every way.
Same machine inside.
Simply search for a good second hand e4.

Also google flir e4 hack [emoji12] [emoji41]

Basic. No image overlay facility what is very useful and low sensitivity.

image.jpg
Flir one

Ooh I do like these thermal imaging threads when the pics start to show... Makes me think I be one, even tho I'm not sure I could justify it!

Ill post some up of mine tomorrow. Great for seeing pipe runs under floorbpards etc

Lady had a leak under concrete floor in the heating today, it would be handy for that if it worked...?

my thinking exactly

Never tried that yet on concrete as more often than not they are in trunking on drop downs.
But it is very sensitive

I would say it will still identify the run, although not as defined, i will have to try and find some heating pipes burried

The picture does get across to most clients the fact that a portion or all the radiator isn't working. It also shows wether or not the power flush has worked or not.
We do work where it is overseen by a surveyor, and have to validate the information we give him, this now let's us prove a point to him.

The picture does get across to most clients the fact that a portion or all the radiator isn't working. It also shows wether or not the power flush has worked or not.
We do work where it is overseen by a surveyor, and have to validate the information we give him, this now let's us prove a point to him.

Is there an adjustment on the camera so that I can make it look like that cold spot disappeared even tho it's still there after that expensive flush hehe ;p

Actually it can be done lol with a better specified model you can "narrow" the response.
Its designed to remove areas that arent important so more of the image will appear more even in terms of heat emmision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermal imaging camera in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock