Search the forum,

Discuss The Hotel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fogarty

Does anybody watch The Hotel. The funniest programme on telly. Its so funny I'm not sure it's real.

Makes you wonder if it does. How quick was that chap affected by the whiskey! No wedding night action for him!!

I watch it sometimes, I think it's real. And I'm absolutely staggered by there belief that they know what there doing

I watch it - thought it was rubbish at first, but it grows on you after a while.

The characters remind me various comedy classics - i.e. the owner: son of Basil Fawlty ... The assistant manager (Christian): Are You being Served, and the woman in the office: Little Britain.

The bit I find compelling is the owner's determination to make the business work when all around him are a bunch of jobsworths.

In the last series one his most frequent sayings was: "If you want something doing properly, do it yourself!!" ... and much of the time he's working as a one-man-band with the staff standing around being rude to him, or about him.

Christian left near the end of the last series, but has reappeared (as far as I know without explanation). Presumably, he was taken back on for his 'Are You Being Served' contribution to the program - can't see it being for his competence as Assistant Manager.

To be honest, The Hotel is probably a sad reflection on the standard of TV programs these days, but as there's usually nothing else worth watching when its on, I'll carry on watching it.

As far as 'Fly on the Wall TV' goes, there is a lot worse on - which is about the most positive comment I can come up with! lol

For anyone who might be wondering what the hell this thread is about ...with pic of Christian....

The Hotel - Channel 4

Fawlty Towers Little Britain style...

[DLMURL]http://www.channel4.com/programmes/the-hotel/articles/bonus-scenes[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The Hotel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've had a couple of these battery powered thermostats fail and currently looking at finding replacements but I'm fairly sure they are now superseded? Can anybody advise on other programmable battery powered units that could be used instead? I'm assuming the others may well start to fail in the...
Replies
Views
Hi can anybody help me with a problem I am having. following a power cut the heating and hot water failed. The boiler would light but it would go out because of no flow. I thought it was the programmer blown because if it wasn’t calling for heat or hot water it doesn’t trip the electric,but as...
Replies
Views
Does anybody have any experience of Zamori acrylic shower trays and how they perform in use? - also how they compare to the (very heavy) stone resin trays.
Replies
Views
Went to a small hotel we put new boilers and cylinder in last year as they were complaining about no hot water and heating on the top floor. I should add that's all we did as I thought the existing systems needed total ripping out and starting again but they didn't want to spend the money. Hot...
Replies
Views
I need to change the washer on the dripping hot tap in the photo, does anybody know how to remove the dome tap handle, there's no fixings or grub screw anywhere, thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock