Search the forum,

Discuss What's better than one pump? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Went to a small hotel we put new boilers and cylinder in last year as they were complaining about no hot water and heating on the top floor. I should add that's all we did as I thought the existing systems needed total ripping out and starting again but they didn't want to spend the money. Hot water turned out to just be a case of running the taps for longer (the whole system's a nightmare with plastic/copper/iron all mixed up and a rusty water problem if left for a few days) to get it through, even though there is a circ pump on the HWS return. Heating has a diddly little domestic pump off the boilers (not our doing!) and this interesting arrangement on the first floor. At first I thought it was two separate flows but turns out they had the older pump on the flow and the newer pump on the return going up to the upper floors. Old pump was seized so freed it off, ran for a few seconds then stopped again. Suggested to them they need a new one but will price for ripping out this bodge job, putting a much larger pump for the heating downstairs and balancing it up. Reckon my guide dog could do a better job!

Attachments

• DSC_0039 rev.JPG
    DSC_0039 rev.JPG
    695.6 KB · Views: 10

Reply to What's better than one pump? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock