Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Tee'ing into rigid pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
When you have to tee into a pipe (2" waste) which cant be moved either side, whats the best way to get both ends in the tee?

Ive used the 4 inch slip collars but never used the 2 inch . Certainly a life saver when lack of play in the pipe.

It's on an external waste connection in a basement.. Although not on show its still visible... :/

Can't seem to find 2" slip couplings anywhere, do they exist?

i don't know if they exist maybe get a normal one and file off the internal stop?

i don't know if they exist maybe get a normal one and file off the internal stop?

Ahhhh ok... Sorry my next question is stupid I know but to solvent weld it, I'd push the coupling on end of pipe 1, apply solvent on end of pipe 2 and push it past to I can apply solvent to other side and quickly bring it back?

A GENTLE filing of the ridge will see it go but if you don't think it through glueing can be messy

Use a push fit or compression type connector instead of glued.
I had to fit one of those Hep traps on a basin to replace a standard pedestal trap & I couldn't remove the basin easily plus the 1 1/4" waste pipe was rigid. I used a standard push fit connector but I cut the division part off using a hammer & screwdriver. Did the job as I didn't have a slip fitting.

Never seen a slip connector like your speaking of but you can make one as above. My order of assembly would be ...
Make sure all water is out of the pipes, degrease both pipes and the coupling with the cleaner, apply solvent weld to 1 pipe & inside the connector and fit, then wait to check it`s welded ok. Repeat for the other pipe.
If I`ve got doubts on the joint then I add the cement to the outside of the joints and quickly wipe round with the cleaner to give a nice finish but then all my stuff is under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tee'ing into rigid pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock