Search the forum,

Discuss Sytem recently power flushed,now new pump sucking in air-please help -follow on. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PSH

I have had to re-post this as for some reason my last reply failed to appear at the end of my thread ?.

Hi, just to update you all, my Mums radiators are still running nice and hot (touch wood),with just the odd bit of bleeding required.The guy who did the power flushing asked me to turn the pump speed setting down to the mid way postion ,in case the pump is running too fast and is aerating the water, producing air bubbles.

I have fitted propper pipe insulation to all exposed pipe work in attic and fitted 2 new jackets to the storage tank. I am checking the magna flush filter regulary and have noticed that with each clean ,it is collecting less black sludge,which must be a sign that the water in the system is getting cleaner.

The guy who did the power flushing has agreed to come back and replace the boiler stat.

I have noticed that the ball valve (brass version)in the heating header tank has a small leak,one drip every 15 seconds,which is being handled ok by the over flow pipe. I have replaced the small round black washers before in these valves ,but wanted to ask you guys if you think i should renew the whole assembly or just renew the washer ?

That's your choice end of the day PSH :) The valves are only about a fiver so personally I'd be changing the whole lot including fitting a plastic float .... It'd pay to take some of the water out of the tank too ... That drip out the overflow will quickly freeze in this weather :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sytem recently power flushed,now new pump sucking in air-please help -follow on. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock