Search the forum,

Discuss Surging jet pump not reaching cut off pressure in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello, I need some help.

Problem: my jet pump fluctuates between 15-35psi and will not build any pressure higher than that. There is a swooshing or surging sound that continually occurs.

Location: it pulls water from a lake to supply the house. Lift is 40ft distance from foot valve to pump is 90ft.

Equipment:
brand new 2 line version of the Franklin electric rm2 jet pump 220v

Brand new Cage/screen, venturi and foot valve

I blocked in the discharge of the pump.
I primed the pump by using a auxiliary plug -in pump plumbed into the top suction line.
I then circulated fluid through and bled the water through a tee on the discharge line for about an hour.
When the pump is off it'll hold the pressure solid so I don't think there are any leaks on the suction line.

The pump continues to swoosh and surges though there's still air in it.

Any advice?

Attachments

• PXL_20230710_225339154.jpg
    PXL_20230710_225339154.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 4
  • PXL_20230610_004536577.jpg
    PXL_20230610_004536577.jpg
    873.6 KB · Views: 3

Reply to Surging jet pump not reaching cut off pressure in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Have attached short video link to make explanation easier View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzBcvJTr10I 646 sqft apartment 1 ensuite bathroom 1 large(r) bathroom 150L(ish) boiler/water tank Grundfos Amazon STP-2.0 B ( AP030) (i think) 00:00 Water pressure upon opening is fine with hot...
Replies
Views
P
I hope someone can help. I think I need a Danfoss 057L0001 control but these are obsolete. Perhaps someone has one on the shelf which they will never use! I have a 40 year-old Perkins single-phase MINI pressure jet boiler which is fitted with Danfoss parts. It has developed a fault which...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
C
I was hoping to get a professional opinion regarding whether or not a booster pump (such as a Stuart Turner 'Flomate') would do what I want it to do. At present the flow rate in our house isn't terrible - about 10 litres per minute at its best - but that doesn't seem to go far if more than one...
Replies
Views
clankypipes
C
F
Hi, looking for a bit of advice.... we had our bathroom done a few months ago, part of which required a pump to be fitted for sufficient pressure for the shower. the pump is fitted right next to the cylinder so all hot water for the house gets pumped. For the last few weeks when a tap is run...
Replies
Views
J
Hiall. We have anARISTON Combi A Series boiler situated in our loft. The last number of years wehave had a number of instances where it has either cut out for no apparentreason or lost pressure. The cut outsare very infrequent and so are not at this time a concern. The pressure losshowever...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock