Search the forum,

Discuss Suggestion for a thermal store? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I am moving house and looking to install a thermal store in the new place. I was thinking of an unvented store around 300l, with a single corrugated stainless coil for DHW.

Any suggestions on make/model/supplier?

Unvented thermal store, normally pressurized at 1.5-2 bar. Boiler heats water in the store, and DHW coil is used for mains pressure hot water.

Are you looking at multiple heat sources?

You never know what the future will bring, but for now it will only be used with a gas system boiler. The house currently has a vented copper electric cylinder for hot water, and an unvented system boiler for the radiators.

Joule would be my recommendation a quality product. Kop

4F4D47C8-A616-400B-B7B8-C2A2C58575D6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks KOP, the Joule looks very nice. Although I would prefer something with a large internal coil rather than an external exchanger. The coil in my current OEG cylinder is 4.5 sq m, although maybe the plate exchanger on the Joule is even bigger? I guess that would allow the tank to run at a lower temperature.

The Joule also has a stainless tank, my current OEG is plain steel, only the coil is stainless. Of course the OEG is cheaper (~1/2 price), but it will not fit where I plan to put it.

There is 2 types of thermal store that joule make one is serviceable the other is not take a look bud. Kop

Yeah I saw they had a "Thermal Store 1.0" at some point, but it seems to have disappeared from their website. Do they still make them?

Reply to Suggestion for a thermal store? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock