Search the forum,

Discuss Strapping pipe clips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flappy8

Hi all,

I've seen some metal strapping which is sometimes used to hold soil/other pipes in position in voids etc. Its flexible and almost looks like bike chain but allows you to make your own constructions/custom brackets. Anyone know what it's really called or where to get it? Done some googling but no luck!

Do you mean all-round band?

Brilliant stuff, like gripfill, duct-tape and LS-X. You know its a bodge, but you always have it on the van! :)

Do you mean all-round band?

Brilliant stuff, like gripfill, duct-tape and LS-X. You know its a bodge, but you always have it on the van! :)

Ray, as a director I find it amazing that you know so much about the nuts and bolts plus technical side of the trade.
I take my hat off to you Sir.

Last edited:
Ray, as a director I find it amazing that you know so much about the nuts and bolts plus technical side of the trade.
I take my hat off to you Sir.

I would have thought that a deep understanding of all-round band, gripfill, duct-tape and LS-X put me firmly in the "cowboy" camp! But thanks for the kind words anyway. :)

I would have thought that a deep understanding of all-round band, gripfill, duct-tape and LS-X put me firmly in the "cowboy" camp! But thanks for the kind words anyway. :)

In my western book you're John Wayne.

Oh, and P.S.
Ermi's: Clint Eastwood
Croppie's: Eli wallach:)
I can feel a slap coming my way.

Last edited:
Do you mean all round band

That's exactly what I was thinking of - just couldn't find the right name - seems obvious now!
+1 for using correct clips where you can - however as everyone knows that's not always possible!

A better product might be M10 rubber lined brackets with M10 rod cut to the desired length and fixed to the wall with a backplate.

Pipe brackets where possible bit likes of underneath floors ., joists i always use clipstrap banding but surface pipes always brackets..dont think ive ever used the old duck tape yet. But never say never...

Good old builders banding is great for lots of situations. Not for flues tho and not really for soil pipes

Good old builders banding is great for lots of situations. Not for flues tho and not really for soil pipes

AW why not waste pipes ?

The clipstrap i carry in the van certainly wouldnt snap as you struggle to cut with snips sometimes ,

Euro-clips, studding cut to length, nuts 'n feet are good. Lots of other ways to susped from rsj's, steel framed buildings etc. but sometimes there is a need for strapping.

AW why not waste pipes ?

it could be used if done correctly, remembering that plastic waste needs to expand alittle. what i tend to see is a 110mm pipe wedged against a wall banded back which is really poor and lazy, using the correct clips is much better ensuring correct spacing and loadings on the fittings.

i use it often myself, normaly i put some lagging between it and any pipework, its great for lagged pipework resting on roof timbers or under ground floor joists etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strapping pipe clips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hey, I'll start by saying I'll be getting a plumber out to do this but wanted some advice first. We're redoing our ground floor bathroom this year and want to move the toilet to another wall as part of that. I've cracked open the boxing around the old toilet today to see what's going on behind...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with elbows), the last cm before the open end is pretty much straight, but as a result of the bend it is not perfectly round. I mean it is pretty much...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water meter. Then another person called me to schedule a visit and they told me that its not their problem as both the water meter and the leaky stopcock are...
Replies
Views
Hello, I would very much appreciate some help/feedback on what I am proposing for my very small ensuite bathroom. While refurbishing it I’m proposing to add a shower. It’s just 1.2m x 1.6m. I have seen similar posts to this on the forum but not quite my situation. I am proposing to run one...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock